Friday, December 2, 2011

December Reflection: Day 2

Today, I got MAD when my kids did not eat their dinner which was planned for THEM, not me, because I do not get real excited for mac and cheese and frozen chicken patties and then they asked for every snack at bedtime because they were SO HUNGRY!  Man, that irks me.  And yes, I got on my soap box about this and I'm sure they "digested" every word of it.

Today, I LAUGHED when Maija pointed to a bright yellow sticker dot on her library book and said, "Look Mom, it's on sale!"  Such a proud moment that was.  I have taught them well.  We DO NOT buy anything that does not have a bright SALE sticker on it!  And preferably one that says, "CLEARANCE"!

Today, I felt TORN when Maija cried throughout ECFE class because she knew I had to leave for 20 minutes for "Parent Time".  She just knew it was coming and she just kept telling me she wanted to go home.  Part of me says she's just 3.  Let her feel safe and keep her in my lap 'til she's ready.  But I guess at 3, she's supposed to get used to me leaving and coming back.  I guess I just didn't feel like having a life lesson with her today.  Today, I just wanted to let her be little.

Today, I felt PISSED OFF.  Pissed off at CANCER and that it is trying to take the life of another wonderful person in this family.  Josh's Grandma Pat, who was just here in Minnesota in August, looking amazing, funny as always, sharing memories, is in hospice care fighting to hang on.  I pray for her and that she finds strength, comfort, and peace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment