Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December Reflection: Day 6

It's early on the 7th of December, so I'm reflecting about yesterdays happenings.  It all makes sense in my head--so the voices tell me!

Yesterday, I was feeling...

FESTIVE, so it was time for a few dozen Christmas cookies...the ones with the kisses in the middle.  I feel a bit edgy when I know there aren't any baked goods in the house.  My mom is completely to blame for this NEED.  We were kinda spoiled growing up when it came to baked treats.

PROUD to see Ella performing in her new gymnastics class.  She moved up to Level 2 and is loving it.  I can't wait to see how far she goes with it. 

completely OVER-THE-MOON EXCITED to get a text from Auntie Laura saying she found Emma's 5 library books at her house.  I could not understand what could have happened to them and searched this entire house.  And I did not have the extra funds to buy these books especially this month!  My kids weren't concerned about the cost...they were worried I was going to jail. 

and SADDENED by Ella's explosive break-down before bed.  It came out of nowhere and she was so angry at me.  She hasn't had a meltdown like that in a really long time.  In the stressful moments, I stayed as calm as possible.  I always feel afterwards that I could have handled it better or differently.  She hasn't apologized yet and I hope she realizes that one is necessary.  Live and Learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment