Monday, January 10, 2011

Angels Among Us

January 10th is not an easy day.  January 10th, 2008 was the hardest day of my life.  On that day, I had to say good-bye to one very important person, my mom.  Life continuted to move forward after that day but not a day goes by that I don't think of her and wish I could have her back.  HOWEVER, I know and believe that everything happens for a reason and January 10th, 2008 happened for a reason.  There is a country song out right now and there is one part of the song that says:

Oh I cried when my momma passed away
And now I got an angel
Looking out for me today
So nothing’s a mistake

I would love to have one more day with her, one more phone call with her, one more visit at the the kitchen table, but since I can't have those wishes granted, I will be more than satisfied knowing that I will ALWAYS have an angel watching over me and my girls. 

There have been numerous times when my mom has made her presence known.  I will never forget the time I was rushing Lexi to the ER with a possible broken nose.  I was crying and so upset, but when I turned on the road to the hospital, the song, I Hope You Dance, came on the radio.  This is the song we played at her funeral at her request.  Or the time I had to drop off something at Ella's Girl Scout leader's house and when I pulled up to the address, it was my mom's childhood home on Southside.  Or all the times I have seen rainbows in the wintertime.  The FIRST time I saw a rainbow in the winter was the day of my mom's funeral.  I didn't even realize that rainbows in the winter could happen.  Now when I see a rainbow, I feel comforted and reminded that I am never without my mom.

I don't know where I'm at in this whole grieving process.  I don't know if there will ever be a time that I don't tear up when I think of her.  I don't know if there will ever be a January 10th that doesn't make my heart hurt.  But I do know that I have 4 daughters and since tomorrow is not a guarantee, I will be the best mom I can be...with the help of an angel.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry Stacie, I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot even begin to imagine losing my mom- a beautiful post to your mom. thinking of you guys today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing tribute to your mom. Keep following the signs and know that she is connecting to you and guiding you always. Her love will continue on with the memories you share with your girls. Love you all, always...

    ReplyDelete