Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My 37-Year Old Gift

Today is my big sister, Jen's birthday.  (I can just hear her saying, "Is that a fat joke?") 

And she is my best friend.

Growing up, I didn't always realize the gift of having an older sister.  Growing up, I probably had other adjectives to describe my older sister.  She and I are 27 months apart exactly the same as my Ella and Emma. 

But as I've grown up, she has become someone I turn to for EVERYTHING.  And when you have someone as special as she is, she is ALWAYS there.  Need a laugh, she's got a bad joke.  Need to vent, she knows how to listen.  Need advice, she can make up some good stuff.  Need a retreat, her house is always open.  Need some help with the kids or the house, she rolls up her sleeves and gets to work.  Need some love, she gives great hugs.

I have the best sister in the world (and I'm not just trying to get an extra Christmas present out of her)!!  And what's even better than that is that my 4 girls have an auntie who is involved and who loves them to the moon and back. 

I wish her the BEST year of her life! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

LOVE YOU AND HUGS!!!!





Aren't you glad that you're the older, more mature one of us???

No comments:

Post a Comment