Saturday, February 5, 2011

It starts out so innocent...

I could be talking about a brand, new little life--so innocent, so amazing, so unbelievably precious. 

Let's Hear It For the Girls, people!!  After 5 nephews, I am a proud aunt to a little bundle of sweetness named Annika Mary.  She was born today, a few days early, and I got to go to the hospital to get my baby fix meet her. 

My brother and his angel!

However, I am not talking about the innocence of a newborn.  I am talking about the beginning stages of hoarding.  Yes, hoarding.  We've all seen one of those reality shows about hoarding.  And we, the organized, clean, clutter-free, people of society all ask, "How do people live like that?" or "How does it get out of control?"  

My name is Stacie and I am a mother to a 2-year old hoarder.

I will leave her identity a secret but her name rhymes with "papaya".

It started out so very innocently.  She had to hold "things"--anything, something.  She just had to have her hands full of stuff.  Then, as the hoarding progressed, she discovered that clothes had pockets and she would only wear shirts and pants that had pockets and they would be stuffed with her prized possessions.

It then continued on to carrying backpacks and purses and these bags had to travel everywhere with her weighing down her little frame.

And as I said earlier, it started out so small and innocent.  Today, her hoarding has escalated to this: 

This is "her" in November.  I guess I forgot to
mention the stroller/shopping cart phase of it.

Her crib in November.  It was manageable at that time. 

Only a few short months later, this is how she sleeps.  She feels safe and
secure surrounded by her things and FREAKS if I dare touch it. 
Sounds just like the show doesn't it?
I will keep you posted on its progression or tell you when her episode is going to air on TLC.

1 comment:

  1. 1st-- congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd-- oh mja!!!!! ;) the crib does look eerily close to those living rooms of hoarders on TV... too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete